Celebrate West Virginia’s Bridge Day with a wonderful walk along the catwalk of the New River Gorge Bridge.
Public Health Update
Bridge Walk’s Response to COVID-19
Our top priority during this time is the safety, health, and wellbeing of the Bridge Walk guests and staff. Please be aware that the Bridge Walk tour will be evolving based on recommended guidelines in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable time for your party. Current policies may be updated with little to no notice as the need arises. Please keep in mind that even with precautions, there is a risk of exposure.
Our protocols for guests include the following. While on a Bridge Walk tour, all guests must:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain a minimum of 6’ distance with those in your group and others outside of your group
- The party will not be able to participate if anyone in your group is experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19. If you feel unwell, please call ahead for us to help you reschedule
- The store may be closed
- The bathroom may be unavailable
- All tours will be booked in advance online or by phone
- When arriving for your registered tour, please park in the area identified for your assigned tour time
- Please call the office, 304-574-1300, when arriving, and we will meet you outside to begin your tour
- If able, please download and fill out the release form ahead of time and bring with you
Please let us know if you have any questions or need help in some way planning your tour. We look forward to sharing a unique, personal, and memorable adventure experience on the iconic West Virginia’s New River Gorge Bridge.
Effective January 2021
Benjy Simpson, Managing Member
Book your New River Gorge Bridge Walk
Bridge Walk offers guided tours of the New River Gorge Bridge from the catwalk 25’ beneath the Bridge. The tours are 2-3 hours in length. After checking in, Bridge Walk guests are shuttled to the Canyon Rim Visitor’s Center on the north side of the Bridge. A short path leads to the Bridge where guests enter the catwalk in the midst of the massive iron structure.
The catwalk is 24″ wide with a substantial railing. Before beginning the tour, guests are securely fastened onto a safety cable making it impossible to fall from the Bridge during a tour. The Bridge Walk guests walk the entire 3,030 foot length of the Bridge and then are shuttled back to the Bridge Walk headquarters. Bridge tours move along at a leisurely pace and there is plenty of time to stop for photos, and to discuss features of the Bridge, New River Gorge and National Park with your guide.
Join us for a one-of-a-kind bridge walk in Lansing, West Virginia, as you cross the catwalk under the New River Gorge Bridge on a panoramic three-hour adventure.