- Can kids participate in Bridge Walk?
Yes, children aged 8 years and above can undertake a Bridge Walk experience. All BridgeWalk guests must be over 48″ tall. Our Bridge Walk guests have been 8-95.
- Can seniors participate in Bridge Walk?
Yes; however everyone should be reasonably fit and strong, with full hand-eye coordination and full body control. Anyone who can sustain moderate physical exertion for 3-4 hours and walk two miles should find Bridge Walk exhilarating.
- Can pregnant women participate?
Yes. We recommend that you consult with your doctor before participating.
- Can anyone with a disability or medical condition participate?
YES! It depends on your situation. Bridge Walk has had guests in wheelchairs, using crutches or canes, and wearing a prosthetic. In general, you can participate if you have reasonable levels of fitness and strength, full body control and hand-eye-foot coordination, and the ability to stand independently. The following conditions may impact your ability to participate safely:
- all heart conditions (including high blood pressure)
- all respiratory conditions
- missing or partly missing limbs, including prosthetics
- vertigo, dizziness, or loss of balance
- visual impairment
- surgery within the last month
- a seizure within the past 6 months
We encourage and support all guests, but we reserve the right to decline participation or modify your experience and/or participation
- Can people with injuries participate?
It depends on the injury. Broken bones and back, limb, or joint injuries may affect one’s ability to participate.
- What are the conditions on the New River Gorge Bridge?
The Bridge Walk experience includes:
- inclined walking trails and decks
- walking over ½ mile on a 2′ wide catwalk
- walking a total of 1¼ miles
- aerial views from an exposed site
- uneven surfaces and narrow passageways
- exposure to all weather conditions (i.e., rain, wind, cold, snow)
- challenging weather conditions can add an extra sense of adventure and exhilaration
- Can I take a camera and/or video camera?
Yes, however, the camera must be secured to you. Bridge Walk encourages you to bring your own camera to get your very own photos. There are numerous opportunities for you to get outstanding and memorable pictures. ALL cellphones must be attached.
- Can I bring glasses or sunglasses?
Yes. We sell lanyards that will secure your glasses and/or sunglasses. Sunglasses must be attached and are not needed on the catwalk.