Bridge Walk offers a truly unique, safe and low impact adventure crossing the New River Gorge within the structure of the third highest vehicle carrying bridge in North America.
The walking tour can be the subject material for a variety of news articles. We can provide press and media with information, high-resolution photos, interviews, and access to the Bridge Walk tour.
For more information, please contact us.
Bridge Walk, LLC.
Bridge Walk Facts
Catwalk tours are offered daily at just $72 per person.
Bridge Walk offers tours every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
The tours are 2-3 hours in length.
Bridge Walk welcomes all eligible participants who are willing and able to walk 1.5 miles. Bridge Walk participants must be at least 48-inches tall, 8 years or older and have a waist size less than 52-inches.
The catwalk is 24” wide with a substantial railing. The catwalk has been an existing structure of the bridge since its original construction.
Bridge Walk was founded in 2009 as a cooperative effort between the National Park Service, the West Virginia Division of Highways, and the partners that make up Bridge Walk LLC.
New River Gorge Bridge Facts
- longest single arch bridge in the Western Hemisphere
- 3rd longest single arch bridge in the world
- 2nd highest vehicle carrying bridge in the United States
- 5th highest vehicle carrying bridge in the world
- 3rd highest bridge in the United States
- 13th highest bridge in the world
- on the West Virginia State quarter
- on a United States postal stamp
- a national landmark in engineering
- listed on National Register of Historic Places as a significant historic resource
- Bridge Day™ celebrated 3rd Saturday every October